Saturday, May 29, 2004

Mom gone again = (Dad + Laura) * (leftovers + sleeping on couches)

So, Mom is gone again on another one of her China painting escapades. When they were at the China painting camp a couple weeks ago, one of the teachers told the local teacher in Orac that he's opening a gallery in Vermont and asked her to go. Well, the Local Teacher needs people to drive her everywhere, so she decided to ask some of her students if they want to go. Mom is one of the teacher's pets :-) so she's gone again until Monday.

Because my friend Patlick is in town for her little brother's graduation, I've been spending a lot of time with her, and neglecting my daughterly household duties (I should at least rinse off the dishes before I put them in the sink...right?...nah.) The first night, I went to his graduation on Thursday with Patlick's family (another article on that later.) We went out to eat afterwards, and I didn't get home until 11:00. When I got home, Dad was on the computer as usual, but he told me he ate our leftovers from dinner the day before (Olive Garden, num).

Those are the same leftovers I ate for dinner yesterday.

Yesterday night, Patlick and I went out to see Shrek 2 (it was pretty good, there was more singing in it than the first one though, but I think it was to make fun of the Disney fairy tales), and I didn't get home until 11:30.


Laura: Hey Daddy? What did you eat?

Dad: I ate at the hospital. What did you eat?

Laura: Leftovers from Olive Garden.

Dad: Oh! You should've told me, I would have brought you something from St. Margarita's. [Obviously that's not the name of the hospital, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a hospital named St. Margarita's?]

Laura: That's okay. I can find something more to eat here.


Our dinner table hasn't been cleared since Mom left. There's mail all over it. I had to push that stuff aside so I would have enough room to eat the doughnuts I took home from the clinic. I spoke with Stink Pants #5 on the phone, it's his little sister's graduation this weekend too. When I was finished, Dad asked me if I wanted to watch a movie (the movie was Bubba Ho-Tep, I'll post on that later too). So, we watched the movie and both fell asleep on our couches. I had to start the movie over, because it was pretty good, but Dad went to bed after that.

Right now Dad is at the hospital doing rounds and I'm here on the internet. I swear, we live like a couple of single roommates that hardly see each other (and never clean stuff up).

No comments: