Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Theatre Resume! I trip the Limelight Fantastic

Last updated February 2007

So here are all the plays I've been in. This is mostly for my benefit, but I also want to show off (or be ashamed of) the parts I've portrayed. This does not include my parts in the Student Theater Association, but that's because the website is gone and I can't remember all the shows I was a part of :(.

Addendum: It turns out my good friend Amanda has provided me with the STA information that I lacked. I've added it close to the bottom, after the college stuff but before the high school stuff.

Slapdash Theatre Resume for Princess Blogonoke

July 21-23, 2006
Suor Angelica by Giacomo Puccini
Opera
Directed by Stasi Schaeffer, Musical directed by Greg Largent
Produced by the Pit and Balcony Theater
Role: First Tourier - one of two nuns that go shopping for the convent with a donkey.
Highlights: The "donkey" was actually an Irish wolfhound, which was a huge dog. It kept turning upstage and showing its ass to the audience.

March 16-19 and 24-26, 2006
Bye Bye Birdie by Michael Stewart (book), Lee Adams (lyrics), and Charles Strouse (music)
Musical Comedy
Directed by Jeff Murdock
Role: Gloria Rasputin - a floosy that Mae Peterson meets on the bus and introduces to her son, Albert Peterson, in hopes that he will leave his fiance, Rosie Alvarez.
Highlights: I had to do a little dance which included a modified split at the end. I always got a laugh when I delivered the line "In a little while," in response to the question if I was getting up.

March 3-6, 2005
Rumors by Neil Simon
Farce
Directed by Christie Rahn
Produced by the Thumb Area Center for the Arts
Role: Cassie - the trophy wife of Glenn, a would-be senator
Highlights: I had an onstage fight and get to seduce a man who is in real life twenty years older than me (he also went to MTU).

November 2004
Annie Get Your Gun by Irving Berlin (Music & Lyrics), and Herbert & Dorothy Fields (Book)
Musical
Directed by Victoria Penland
Produced by Thumb Area Center for the Arts
Role: Chorus
Highlights: I wore fishnet stockings and yo-yoed with both hands, woo!

June 13 & 14, 2003
Cymbeline by William Shakespeare
Drama
Directed by Christopher Plummer
Produced by In Good Company Theatre Group Classical Studio
Role: Second British Captain (and First Gaoler - the parts were grouped together), Chorus
Highlight: I was roped into this with three weeks left of rehearsal. As First Gaoler, I told Leonatus that he's crazy for knowing where he's gonna go after he dies.

April 26 & 27, 2003
Every Good Boy Deserves Favor by Tom Stoppard, Music by Andre Previn
Drama
Directed by Christopher Plummer, Conducted by Jeffrey Bell-Hanson
Produced by Mainstage Theatre of MTU
Role: Alexander Ivanov (age 10)
Highlights: I played the ten-year-old son of a political dissident who was wrongfully imprisoned for his political views. I got to sing at the very end. There's nothing like being a boy when you're a 22-year-old gal.

February 14, 15, & 17, 2003
The Tibetan Book of the Dead (or "How Not To Do It Again")
by by Jean-Claude van Itallie
Drama
Directed by Sue Stephens
Produced by Mainstage Theatre of MTU
Role: Ensemble
Highlights: The first straight play done by the Troupe in a long time. I had to learn some yoga for this. Definitely one of the most fun times I've had in a play, especially since from my performance I was chosen to compete in the Ryan Auditions at the American College Theatre Festival.

February 1,8, & 9, 2002
A Chorus Line by James Kirkwood, Nicholas Dante, Marvin Hamlish, Edward Kleban
Musical
Directed by Richard Blanning, Conducted by Mike Irish, Choreographed by Laura Aneshansel
Produced by Mainstage Theatre of MTU
Role: Connie Wong
Highlights: My only role in a Broadway musical at college. I loved the dancing and the singing. This is my most favorite role in any of the musicals I've been in so far.

October 25, 26, 27, 2001
Talking With... by Jane Martin
Drama
Directed by Sue Stephens
Produced by Mainstage Theatre of MTU
Role: Laurie (or the Clear Glass Marbles monologue)
Highlights: This was my second play with an all female cast. It was also my first experience with Sue Stephens as a director. It was awesome :)

February 8 - 11, 2001
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
Comedy
Directed by Debra Bruch
Produced by Mainstage Theatre of MTU
Role: Dirty elf in Oberon's train
Highlights: The best part was the costume. I still have my wings. There were only about six of us in Oberon's train, as opposed to the 20+ fairies in Titania's train. Our group was awesome.

November 6, 1999
Top Girls by Caryl Churchill
Drama
Directed by Richard Blanning
Produced by Mainstage Theatre of MTU
Role: Kit - Angie's best friend
Highlights: This was my first MTU Mainstage play. I met great gals there that I still know today.

My Involvement with the STA

*I forget the days of the following performances, but I know they were after 2002.
Lord Help the Mister - written by me
The Divine Engineer - Directed by me

April 5 & 6, 2002
The Heavily Medicated Show
Producer: David Clark
The Easy Way Out? by Adam Ward
Director: Laura L. Loo
Highlights: At the time, it was the longest 1-act play the STA had ever produced at a whopping 45 minutes long.

November 2 & 3, 2001
The Love, Carnage, and Calculus Show
Producer: The Evil Karen Carr
Ophelia's Ghost by Jillian Reterford
Director: The Evil Karen Carr
Juliet: Laura L. Loo
Highlights: This play was written by a good friend of mine (who is awesome.) I also got to dance in a dress the director made for me!

April 27 & 28, 2001
The Free Love Show
Producer: The Evil Karen Carr
Girl Without Reach by Laura L. Loo
Director: Amanda Marie Sproule
&
My Bestfriend's Girlfriend by Aaron Dykstra
Director: Laura L. Loo
Highlights: Not only did I write a play that was actually performed, but I also got to direct a good friend of mine in a play where she got to slap a girl.

November 10 & 11, 2000
The Lactose Intolerant Show
Producer: The Evil Karen Carr
Waiting by Andrew Swartz
Director: Laura "Cheetos Queen" Loo
Highlights: This was my first experience directing. It actually turned out pretty good :)

May 5 & 6, 2000
STA's Longest Show Ever
Producer: Teresa Frusti
In My Eyes by Sarah Carley
Director: Jayme Rusk
Assistant Director: Laura "Kinda Curvy" Loo
Highlights: I wanted to act this term, but I had a track show the same day as one of the performance dates, so I got some experience assist directing. I coined the term "Ass Director."

February 11 & 12, 2000
The STA Super Spectacular Special Spontaneous Sexy S'wonderful SWinter Show
Producer: Teresa Frusti
Treehouse by Emily F. Kerbleski
Director: Andy "Frito King" Swartz
Suzie: Laura L. Loo
Highlights: I had to pretend I was over thirty in one scene. We got some unintentional laughs because at the time, my voice decidedly did not have an over-thirty sound to it.

October 29 & 30, 1999
Suicide Comedy Night
Producer: Teresa Frusti
One Small Bird by Aaron Dykstra
Director: Kevin T. Moss
Police Officer: Laura L. Loo
Highlights: My first experience with the STA. I was not even expecting to audition that night, but I happened to be there, so I did.

Other Productions of which I cannot remember the performance dates (they're all from high school):
Mame - chorus - TACA
Once Upon a Mattress - Nightingale/chorus - TACA
Oliver! - Orphan/thief - TACA
Cinderella - Townsperson/chorus - TACA
Father of the Bride - Florist - TACA
Up the Down Staircase - Carmelita - High school play
South Pacific - Liat - TACA (probably 1996. I was a freshman in high school for this one)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

The Laura STA stuff I have....
-----
October 29 & 30, 1999
Suicide Comedy Night
Producer: Teresa Frusti
One Small Bird by Aaron Dykstra
Director: Kevin T. Moss
Police Officer: Laura L. Loo
-----
February 11 & 12, 2000
The STA Super Spectacular Special Spontaneous Sexy S'wonderful SWinter Show
Producer: Teresa Frusti
Treehouse by Emily F. Kerbleski
Director: Andy "Frito King" Swartz
Suzie: Laura L. Loo
-----
May 5 & 6, 2000
STA's Longest Show Ever
Producer: Teresa Frusti
In My Eyes by Sarah Carley
Director: Jayme Rusk
Assistant Director: Laura "Kinda Curvy" Loo
-----
November 10 & 11, 2000
The Lactose Intolerant Show
Producer: The Evil Karen Carr
Waiting by Andrew Swartz
Director: Laura "Cheetos Queen" Loo
-----
April 27 & 28, 2001
The Free Love Show
Producer: The Evil Karen Carr
Girl Without Reach by Laura L. Loo
Director: Amanda Marie Sproule
&
My Bestfriend's Girlfriend by Aaron Dykstra
Director: Laura L. Loo
-----
November 2 & 3, 2001
The Love, Carnage, and Calculus Show
Producer: The Evil Karen Carr
Ophelia's Ghost by Jillian Retherford
Director: The Evil Karen Carr
Juliet: Laura L. Loo
-----
April 5 & 6, 2002
The Heavily Medicated Show
Producer: David Clark
The Easy Way Out? by Adam Ward
Director: Laura L. Loo
-----
And until they get an STA page up and running again ... in case you miss reading your bio or anything, I have an archived copy of the old web page from before I handed it off to whoever....

And don't forget to include Troupe in your resume too!!!

Princess Blogonoke said...

Holy crap. That's a good lot of it. I think there's at least one more though. I do remember "The Divine Engineer" by *cough* ex-boyfriend *cough cough.* There might be another, but I'm not sure. Oh! There was the one where I was a queen in a John Manno play. I forget the name of that one too.

Man, it's a good thing someone (like Amanda) has stuff written down. You should be a town records keeper or something.

Amanda said...

Well, somebody has to be the guardian of the coveted cassette tape of your answering machine messages. Someday I'll get it into a digital format....

Princess Blogonoke said...

Oh my gosh.

Umm... I was bored.

That's not me.

I was dead at the time.

Amanda said...

Excerpts from the movie night that started late....

Friday ??? PM
"Hi Amanda! I'm looking for people, but ... I know ... I'm going to leave my message in sign language. *PAUSE* You got that? I'll do it again. *PAUSE* Kay, love you, buh-bye."

Friday 10:37 PM
"Karen, I'm bored. I'm in my room. I thought you guys were watching moovies, but apparently we're not. Kareeeennnnnn, ... *HIGHER PITCH* borrrrrred! *REALLY HIGH UNINTELLIGIBLE NOISES* And this must be ??? of listening to me talk on your machine, but I'm bored, and I have nothing else to do, so I'm going to talk to your machine. Hi machine, guess what I did today ... I was a fairy and I danced. It was fun. But we got done, and now I have nothing to do but sit and watch ??? and that's kind of boring, I don't like this TV show, I should stop watching. Kay. *WIMPERS* Karen I'm bored. Come and get me ... tee hee hee ... but I have to be back by midnight because I have to work, and that's gonna suck. Anyway, I'll probably call back in another like two minutes because I'm ??? and there's nothing else to doooooo! Karen!!! Okay, I'm going now. Buh-bye."

Friday 10:42 PM
"Karen! This show sucks!!! *FAINT SOUNDS IN THE BACKGROUND OF KAREN AND AMANDA STIFLING THEIR LAUGHTER DURING THE RERECORDING* Oh, I would get up to the change the channel, but I can't, cause the TV's all the way up there, and I'm sitting on the floor. Someone has to change the channel ... Karen! You have to come and save me from the TVeehee!!! I'm so bored!!! *VOICE BREAKS DOWN* Please? Karen? I thought you guys were watching movies. I called Amanda, Amanda's not home, and I called Andy, and ??? Andy's home. So I'm sitting alone ??? in my room, with ??? thinking I should study but I'm not going to. What else should I be doing? Oh, I could eat my danish rolls! ... but I already ate four, and I only have two left, and I think I should save them for actual "danish times", you know like breakfast or something ... or dessert. Naw, I'll just probably end up eating them. Anyway ... *HIGHER PITCH* Karen, I'm bored. If Andy and Amanda are there too, tell them that I'm bored, and they should come up and see me, and ... and we should watch movies until midnight because I have to work!!! Ahhhhhk!!!! Hmmmg! Is this annoying you? I hope it's not. Please don't say it's annoying, because I ... I don't want to be annoying, but I don't want to be bored either!!! And I think I would choose being annoying over being bored because being bored sucks!!! Ahhhhk!!! Oh, no, no, it doesn't suck too much when I would rather be bored than working, I suppose. Yeah, but I ... I still don't want to be bored, and I guess I don't want to be annoying, especially not to you cause you're my friend. Sooooo ... I need to burp. It's not coming. Oh, nevermind, I can't get it, so I don't need to burp. *PAUSE* *BURPS* Okay I did it. Hee hee hee hee hah hah. I can't believe I just burped in your phone, or in my phone. But anyway, I um, *HIGHER PITCH* Karen! I'm bored! Ahhhhk! You better not be there just listening to me and laughing at me because it's not nice to laugh at people especially when they don't really know that they're laughing at you, you know? But yeah. *EXCITED* Oh my god! I ... I know how to waltz now! *SINGING* I know how to waltz! It's cool! *RESUMES TALKING* Okay, I guess I'll go, and I might call back later. Kay, um, don't forget to find me if you guys are still watching movies. Buh-bye."

Friday 10:49 PM
"I know what you guys are doing! You're eating without me!!!!!!! You ate without me!!!!!!!!!!...."

**I honestly can't make anything out for quite a bit here, so this is a good place to stop. I forget why we were running so late that night ... I think there were a few reasons ... and I think we tried calling you, but it was always busy cause you were leaving the three of us nonstop messages.

Princess Blogonoke said...

Holy crap. Saving danish rolls for danish times? I'm a frickin' genious.

Holy holy crap. How did I stand being around myself?

Amanda said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You never seem to get why you're so great to be around, but we all know and love you, so that's all that matters.

Oh, I love that tape. Satan wishes she still had a copy. If you ever get bored, you can call and tell us about danishes anytime.

Princess Blogonoke said...

I'd like to listen to that sometime. I can barely remember doing it, but everything there sounds like stuff I'd say. It's just hard to believe that was me :) I wonder if I'm any different... hmmm....