Wednesday, June 23, 2004

T-shirt Madness!

Lately I've been toying with the idea of designing t-shirts. Stink Pants #5 made a couple t-shirts for me last weekend. One has Bob the dinosaur from the Bubble Bobble, and the other has the Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus (both are awesome 8-bit Nintendo games). Well, as he was ironing them on, I started thinking it'd be cool to design my own t-shirts. Not only would it be kinda fun, but I'd get some money out of it too!

My friend Samantha has her own website Nerdslut.net. On that website, she has The Nerdslut Emporium.

I'm sad to say I've never bought anything designed by her. I've been meaning to, but I'm cheap and when she came out with the site, I didn't have a job. The thing is, if I design my own t-shirts, who's to say that anyone will buy them?

Since the website that hosts her shop, CafePress.com , will host shops for free and manufacture the shirts, mugs, mousepads, et cetera for a base price (you mark up the shirt as much as you want to make money for yourself) I could design shirts just for my own amusement. They'd be better than iron-on designs, and I wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of printing, packaging, shipping and all the rest of the hassle that comes with making your own t-shirts.

So, should I spend the time to design some t-shirts? I think I will. I'm not going to ask you guys for suggestions, because you guys can make your own t-shirts and I wouldn't wanna make money off of your guys' ideas (well, I would, but you probably wouldn't like it, and it's bad karma).

If anyone has any advice, or think it's a really dumb idea, tell me :-)

No comments: