Sunday, August 15, 2004

< Vacation> August 2004!

Stink Pants #5, my mom and I have started our vacation!

Stink Pants #5 arrived last night. We did an audiopost, but for some reason, it didn't post :-(. It's okay though, because it wasn't that good anyway.

Today, Stink Pants #5 and I sat around for most of the morning. I bought a Paul Simon trumpet book with piano accompaniment for him and I to (attempt) to play. Our musical duet was...less than expected (and we weren't expecting much.) Our first attempt at a song was so crappy! Then we realized that his concert pitch and the A above middle C on my piano were about half a note off (they're supposed to be the same pitch). Stink Pants tried to adjust the pitch of his horn by pulling out some slides, but he had to pull his slide way out to match the piano, which made the trumpet uncomfortable to play. So, I had to try to transpose the piano music up half a step. Luckily, a lot of the music was written with three flats and it's easy to transpose that up half a step by reading the notes as they are, but with four sharps instead (this will make sense to anyone who plays piano).

After that, we drove to Frankenmuth to go to the A-Maze-ing mirror maze. Here are some pictures of us travelling through the maze!




As you can see, I used a silly picture of Stink Pants #5, and an sexy/psychotic picture of me (because it's my blog!) Also note that I got a new purse with Sanrio's Chococat on it, and that I'm wearing it bandolier style! As for the gloves, the A-Maze-ing people make us wear them so we won't get fingerprints on the mirrors.

After that, we went to to Red Lobster to meet my parents for dinner. There, Stink Pants #5 asked for permission to marry me (two months later, I know) but Mom insists that the engagement isn't official unless he asks and states his intentions (did any of you G-Clan ladies have to go through this?) Needless to say, Stink Pants #5 was super nervous, and my parents gave him a hard time, but its official! We're super-ultra engaged! (oh, and by the way, this is the thing that I was talking about at the end of Friday Night Rant and Rave Part 1 that involves Stink Pants #5).

I don't know when I'll have time or opportunity to write on the blog, so expect most of my posts to be audio until we get back. Talk to you later!

No comments: