Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"Memories of Our Trip Back" Slideshow!

I now present to you, my faithful readers and whoever the heck else stumbled onto my blog, a collection of photos from our trip back from Snowtown. It's funny how much a person can see in eight hours. Since this trip was so dang memorable, I'm gonna use the original pictures instead of the thumbnails because I want to...and I feel like using up ImageShack's bandwidth. Sorry if it takes a while for everything to load!


Here's my sexy man! Yes, it's Stink Pants #5, with a week's worth of stubblies. I made him shave it off, because it's pokey. Oh so handsome! (I hope he doesn't kill me for posting this...)



This is JHam. He's talking on the phone. I don't think he realized I took this picture of him. JHam is a Freeway Warrior. He drove the whole way up and the whole way back in a car without cruise control! He had to rent a car since his was in the shop, and the only cheap car available was a tiny Nissan Sentra that gives you ankle cramps. The rest of these pictures were taken from the car.



Yes, there was still snow when we were leaving. Snow in October + Laura = sad. :-(



And yet, only thirty miles south of all that snow, Fall was still alive and kicking.



You may be wondering what this is a picture of. As JHam and I were driving along, I saw a tractor with a bunch of kids on a hayride. The thing is, they were inside a cage so they wouldn't fall out and get run over. Since a bunch of kids in a cage is not something I see everyday, I quickly grabbed my camera to take the picture all the while yelling, "Kids in a jar! Kids in a jar!" I meant to say, "Kids in a cage," but it didn't come out like that. Anyway, JHam was laughing a lot, and the only picture I got was timed precisely when the car frame was in the way. Poop. If you look very carefully, you can see some kid's legs on top of the rearview mirror.



I was supposed to leave Stink Pants' apartment at 8:00am so I could be at rehearsal back home at 5:00. The power in Crapumet went out, so the alarm clock didn't work, so I didn't actually leave the area until 11:00 or so. Crapumet wasn't the only place affected by the snow though. Here in Marquette, at least four stoplights were out, and I guess they all required policemen to direct the traffic. So, I took their pictures!



As we get closer to the Mighty Mackinaw Bridge, the view off of Highway 2 is spectacular.



Just after the bridge, JHam and I saw this fake Ford truck. How can you tell it's fake? (other than the very poor paint job...)



If you look very closely, the "F" in Ford is painted over the word "Nissan." Maybe he doesn't have cruise control either.



And finally, the Lord must really like us. Before the sun set, we saw at least three rainbows, if not more. These three were the only ones I was able to get pictures of though. Still, beautiful. We thought we were going to get to drive through the one in the middle picture, but like all good rainbows it disappeared before we got there.

So that's the end of the slideshow! I hope you enjoyed it. I made it to my rehearsal 2.5 hours late, but at least I showed up. Hopefully JHam made it back to AA safe and sound. I haven't heard from him since I last saw him pulling out of our driveway....

I've got more pictures if anyone wants to see more :-).

No comments: