Thursday, February 24, 2005

Knitting Renaissance

Yes! I have started knitting again! What else am I to do with the extra time I would've spent playing video games?

So here are a couple things I've made in the past three days.


The first one is a scarf I made for Mom. It's an eyelash yarn. It's a single panel, not one of those tube scarves you see in the stores. I started making one like that for Mom, but she didn't like it so I had to rip it apart. This five foot scarf probably took a total of three hours and used a little more than one ball of Lion Brand Fun Fur. It's a simple garter stitch on size 17 needles. Very Easy.

The second one is a dish cloth I made out of Peaches and Cream cotton yarn. I was trying out the pattern, it's called the Pinecone Pattern. That I made in about two hours (I know because I watched two forensics shows with Dad and those are usually about an hour each.)

I'll probably be making more stuff in the coming days because I'll be at tech rehearsals for the show I'm in, and those always take a long time (especially when I'm not on stage). If anyone wants the pattern I used for the Pinecone stitch, email me. Normally I'd post it here, but I don't have permission from the author of the book I took it out of :-).

No comments: