Thursday, March 10, 2005

My pen has returned to me.

Ever since I started college it seemed like my ability to write anything non-technical has shot down to zero. I still wrote creative writing stuff in college, plays and poems, but they didn't seem as awesome as they used to be, not to mention my inability to write third-person narrative in a decent and non-marching manner.

I started two creative writing blogs this past year, neither of which has gotten any attention from me (at least, not since December). The first one was for NaNoWriMo 2004, to houghton with love. The second, for my poetry work is sonnetta. Most of you have never seen them, this is probably the only time I'll refer to them here on this blog.

I didn't want the public to see my creative works before they were finished. The thing is though, they're both probably projects that won't have a finish to them. They'll be perpetual works-in-progress. Now that the play is done, it seems like I have creativity vomit welling inside me and I need to find a place to hork before I make a mess on my carpet. Those two blogs are my napkins. I don't think I'll post on them with the same frequency that I do here, but I'll be posting at least once every week or two.

As I said before, I'm probably not going to mention them again on this blog, but if anyone feels curious about my creative vomit let me know and I'll send you the link :-).

No comments: