Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Noona and Wonka are Married!

I should've written this ages ago. Like more than a month ago. I have no excuses. Well I have two excuses. I've been busy with stuff and my computer is dead. I'm writing on Stink Pants' computer now. The connection between the charger and the computer itself is busted. It slid off of the couch one too many times. Stink Pants and I took it to Best Buy to see if it could be fixed and the Geek Squad guy said it could cost as much as $400 to replace the whole motherboard. Booo! I am consoled only by the fact that my friend told me her laptop is an HP, younger than mine and its motherboard has been replaced two times. I'm still on the fence on whether I should get it fixed or buy a new one.

The really sad news is that all of my pictures of Noona and Wonka's wedding were on that computer. Wahhh! I didn't have many to begin with because I put Stinky P in charge of taking pictures and he decided to be a dancing fool instead.

I started writing the blog post about Noona and Wonka's wedding ages ago during some down time on the set of Las Vegas. Here's what I wrote, word for word.

-----------------------------------------------

This post is waaayyy overdue, but for those of you who don't know... My sister is married! On June 9th, 2007, Noona J Noo and Wonka Wondow combined forces to become the unstoppable crimefighting duo... NoonaWonk!

Stink Pants and I made our way back to Michigan to document, witness and participate in this momentous event. By Monday, June 5th, we were back in Michigan. On Tuesday, we, with Patlick's assistance, were helping Mom frantically tie bows on porcelain truffle holders that would serve as the party favors.

By Wednesday, we were joined by Noona, Wonka and their ninja cats, Leo and Raphie at Home Base. Noona drafted Stink Pants into program-making duty while Wonka packed the car with luggage, tuxes, favors, and whatever else he could stuff into it. Meanwhile, in Dad's blue SUV, Noona and I drove around town picking up the wedding dress, bridesmaid dress and various other wedding essentials, like magazines, candle holders and sitckers for the backs of place cards. Then we traveled up to TC to establish another Home Base at Princess Testiclees and Bubbles Momma's house.

Thursday was a day of rest of sorts. Butter graduated from pre-school and Noona, Stink Pants and I were fortunate enough to witness it! It was hot out and super windy too. The kids and parents alike enjoyed having the ceremony outside though. I spent time moving around the crowd trying to get the best vantage point of Butter and her pretty dress. Stink Pants was drafted again, this time by Testiclees, to take videos of the event. He didn't mind of course :) Thursday was also spent greeting more family members and guests into the area and directing them on where to go to get to wherever they were going.

Friday was a crazy day! More family and friends were coming in by the truck load. We spent time greeting them and getting ready for the rehearsal, with dinner to follow. Stink Pants and I didn't see Noona and Wonka until the rehearsal itself. Noona did call me though and put me in charge of getting the family at the church on time. I was prepared to take on that responsibility! I know how hard it is to get our family to do anything on time, and this time it wasn't just our immediate family, but another two uncles, two aunts, four cousins, a bridesmaid and date, and a flowergirl and family. I thought moving nuclear family was hard, but moving this behemoth of a family was going to take some coordination and skill.

And we succeeded! Everyone that Mom and I were responsible for was at the church an hour early for the rehearsal!

But no one else was there. The church wasn't even unlocked. Picture about 20 Filipinos sitting around a church parking lot. Any stranger walking by would've thought we were all getting in line for the confessional or something with the hangdog way we were all sitting on the curb.

Anyway, the rest of the cast, Noona and Wonka included, trickled in to join us at the curb until the church was unlocked, about ten minutes before the rehearsal was supposed to start. Of course, once everyone got there, it went by swimmingly. We were able to go through the rehearsal twice before we all went to the rehearsal dinner where we had a delicious dinner and tons of fun :D.

The next day, Noona and I were up at 7am to get our hair and make-up done. We met the rest of the bridesmaids at the salon and we all got prettified for the day. Noona looked gorgeous, with the exception of weird egyptian eyes that the makeup artist gave her. Noona was a little horrified but was able to tone it down so she wouldn't look like a gothic Siamese cat for her big day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Noona getting married!

Boo, for me sucking and not being able to be there!

Congrats NoonaWonk!