Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Say Hello to My Little Friend

Some people call it a jump drive. Some call it a USB flash drive. I call it Little Boy Bluebot!



All right, I just made that up. I don't really have a pet name for it, but I'm still really excited that I got it! It's a SanDisk 256 MB Cruzer Micro. It was originally $53.00 at Staples, and it was on sale for $45.00, then with the $10 rebate, I'll get it for $35.00! Hurray! I love sales!

I know what you guys might be thinking: Rebates are dumb and don't work. That's usually true. Here's what Brian, the 8-bit Theatre guy, and a loyal fan had to say about rebates.

However, I've been blessed by the rebate god and haven't been stung yet (knock on wood). So I'm not too concerned. I actually stuck the rebate form in an envelope when I got home and stuck a stamp on it, because I like mailing stuff. (Sam and Noona, your packages are coming. I just haven't remembered to bring the boxes I was going to pack your stuff in from work home yet.)

Anyway! Here's a picture of my little guy in action.



He glows, isn't that cool? I didn't realize it did that, but I was so delighted when I plugged that puppy in. It's actually really bright. If I turned off the light, I could probably read by it. (Plus it's blue, my favorite color.)

It's so small it fits in the palm of my hand! (And I have insanely small hands.)



It's just neat. I don't have anything stored on it yet, but I'm thinking I can back up my pictures, movies and MP3s. Another thing that's neat about it...I guess you can plug it straight into some company's new MP3 player. I don't remember which brand that is though. This technology would've helped C-Whore a lot when she was spending hours burning all her MP3s to CD before she went to Germany. Oh well.

So that's all that's new today. There's a new addition to Laura's little gadget family.

No comments: