Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Post-Thanksgiving Shop Syndrome

Yes, I suffer from PTSS, Post-Thanksgiving Shop Syndrome.

I usually don't buy stuff when I go shopping. I can't stand buying stuff at retail price. Well, that's not exactly true. Allow me amend my previous statement: I usually don't buy stuff when I go shopping unless it's on sale.

Noona works in the shoe department of a department store. A store that had a huge sale the day after Thanksgiving. Partner that with Noona's 10% employee discount and you get me, a gal who hasn't bought new shoes in five years (yes, I still wear those clunky Doc Martin shit-kicker boots) buying three new pairs of shoes. I guess my shoe-buying gene got the better of my cheap-ass gene. Between the three of us, Noona, Mom and I spent about $350 on just shoes.

The first pair: beige suede clogs lined with fluffy stuff. They're comfy. Hoochie Momma even said they look like shoes I'd wear.

The second pair: Black leather club-type boots with high heels. I usually wouldn't buy something like this, but I don't have any good clubbing shoes, and they make me taller :-) (they also make me a little less than graceful, but Stink Pants thinks it's sexy (and cute...) so I guess it's okay.)

The third pair: Brown/red leather dress shoes with 1" heels. I bought them mostly for work so I'd look a little more professional. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to use them for that though. No pair of shoes is more comfortable than my shit-kicking Doc Martins.

That's all that I bought that day though. I guess I don't suffer from PTSS as badly as those crazy ladies who wake up at 5 in the morning to be at the stores at 6:00. I woke up at noon. You would think that at 1:00 in the afternoon, the crowd is dying down since all the crazy ladies are tuckered out from a morning of guerrilla shopping, but they're not! There are still people who have no qualms about shoving you out of the way if you're not moving. Then again, there are the people who will just talk to you for no reason because you're both standing in line to buy the same super cheap treasure.

I'll post pictures of the shoes tomorrow :-) (if you guys want to see.)

No comments: