Saturday, June 03, 2006

Blog! Now with Added Ads! or How Laura Sold Out

I broke down and sold out. There are now Google ads in the sidebar.

I'm positive I won't be making any significant amount of money, but I am curious what exactly the ads will advertise for. It's supposed to go by page content. That is, the ads should reflect whatever I write about.

Here's my attempt to throw the ads off.

anime anime anime anime anime
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
RahXephon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Parallel Dual
Noir
Lain
Samurai Champloo
Dragonball Z
Sailor Moon
Full Metal Alchemist
Kizuna
Bubblegum Crisis
Fist of the Northstar
Robbie the Robot
anime anime anime anime anime
anime anime anime anime anime
anime anime anime anime anime
anime anime anime anime anime
anime anime anime anime anime

8 comments:

Princess Blogonoke said...

Holy crap! I just saw an ad for barong tagalog!

and no ads for anime!

Blahhhhh!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if comments affect the ads, and then write the phrase "uncontrollable foot odor" a couple hundred times to see if I could cause an ad for Dr. Scholes Odor Eaters. Except Firefox is not displaying the ads to me; so I don't care any more.

I could see them using IE (along with an annoying pop-up asking me if I liked the president), but I don't like using IE.

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

previous comment should have had an "andy sez:"

Princess Blogonoke said...

Huh! weird... I'm using Firefox and I can see them just fine, although, the only thing they're advertising for now is blogs.

I'm not sure if the comments affect the ads or not. Comments appear in a pop-up window on the main page, but not on the individual post page. So, if you did try it, the ads would probably be affected on the post page only.

You can get to it by clicking the [Here I am] link, or just clicking here.

html-fu rocks!

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

I'm also using the NoScript extention for Firefox. I'm only allowing one source to run script out of the.. about ten(!!!) that want to on your main page. Your blog is a little scary in that regrad actually. But I'm pretty sure it's NoScript that's blocking the ads and not really Firefox.

Princess Blogonoke said...

It's not ten! It's more like four or five... :D

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

1) youtube.com
2) tagboard.com
3) ststcounter.com
4) haloscan.com
5) google-analytics.com
6) blogspot.com
7) blogger.com
8) googlesyndication.com
9) fastclick.net

Sorry, 9. The number was 9. "10" was obviously gross hyperbole.

Princess Blogonoke said...

Doh! I forgot about the scripts blogger itself has... and that haloscan trackback one...

As for fastclick... what the heck is that?!

My html-fu must go to work.