Monday, January 05, 2009

First Post in Ages!

I haven't posted to the blog in over a year. I got busy!

Speaking of getting busy...

This is the new-


Tada! Look at what Stink Pants #2 and I did! Lots of people can do this and have done this, but this is the first time we've ever done this, so it's pretty momentous for us.


Preemptive answers to questions:

Are you going to find out if it's a boy or a girl?
YES.

Are you going to tell people if it's a boy or a girl?
YES.

Do you know right now if it's a boy or a girl?
We won't know for another month or so.

How far are you along?
At the time of this post, I am approximately half a week shy of three months.

Do you have names picked out?
YES.

Do we, as the question asking panel, get to know the names you picked out?
NO. The names are secret! Here are some names we didn't pick: Hortense, Horatio, Jacquard and Stink Pants #2.1.

How are you doing?
I'm pretty good. Morning sickness sucks but it's getting better.

Does it show?
Not really. I can tell I'm a couple pounds heavier, but it's not really visible with clothes on.

Anything else we as the question asking panel should know?
For all the gals out there who may get pregnant or who are pregnant but haven't gone to the OB-GYN yet. Your first ultrasound is with a PROBE in your VAGINA. I did not know that, so imagine my surprise when Stink Pants and I went to our first appointment and the US tech says, "Take off your pants and underwear please." It's not terrible, it was just a surprise. Now I tell people so they can mentally prepare and not be surprised like I was. I'm helping!

Well, that's it for now. I'll post here with updates!

Correction: Yes, he's supposed to be Stink Pants #5. I probably said #2 so I could say #2.1. Stink Pants later pointed out that even saying 2.1 is incorrect. If Baby were going to be named after Stink Pants, it would be Stink Pants 6.0. Stink Pants 5.x would be reserved for updates to Stink Pants #5 himself, like if he learned to play the violin or if he had increased leaping capabilities or something.

No, Baby is not going to be called Stink Pants #6.0.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

So it only took getting knocked up to make a post, maybe should have worked on that sooner. Congrats to the new addition. Would it happen to want an older sibling (almost 3yr old)?

DC said...

Holy crap!!

Yay, L&L L!

Claytonian said...

I helped. In my mysterious ways.

The Really Sarcastic Weasel said...

Yay! A post!

I mean, Yay! A baby!

At first, by "do this" I thought that perhaps you and SP#? built an ultrasonic medical imaging device.

I suppose, with your luck, you got to make yours the fun way. IVF people actually forget that the ultrasound machine has the external probe. You see a lot of the internal one... and it doesn't buy you drinks or engage in awkward foreplay or nothin'.


Questions you didn't cover yet:
===============================
-Did you tell your families yet?

-Is Jean Luc one of your names?

-What about Son Goku?

-Keitaro is good too, no?

-If it's a girl, are you going to convert you home into a pink nightmare?

-Have you picked out his/her future arranged spouse yet?

-Have you put in your application for preschools yet? Hurry the hell up!

-Are you doing any classes? If you're going to do the Bradley(R) classes (which emphasize nutrition, exercise, relaxation, and no drugs), have SP#2 start growing his 'stache now. I think it's a requirement (all of the pictures in the instructional materials are from the 70's and all the men have 70's 'staches).

-Didn't SP#2 used to be SP#5? What happened? Was balefire involved?

-Now do you have an earthquake kit in the house?

I'll think of more...

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

May your pregnancy be mild, your labor easy, and sleep easy to come by. I say this cause I am pretty sure Michelle would say that none of those came true for us.

As a name, Not-andy comes to mind. Especially for his balefire reference. Hopefully we will see more updates with how things are going. We haven't even heard more info on your acting.

Anonymous said...

Oh the dildo-cam, how I miss you so. Why haven't you called?

Princess Blogonoke said...

In response to Andy's questions:

-Did you tell your families yet?
Yes. Our families knew around Thanksgiving.

-Is Jean Luc one of your names?
No

-What about Son Goku?
No, but I tried.

-Keitaro is good too, no?
It's good, but no.

-If it's a girl, are you going to convert you home into a pink nightmare?
Probably not. If Baby ends up liking pink a lot, I wouldn't mind making the room pink though.

-Have you picked out his/her future arranged spouse yet?
Of course not.

-Have you put in your application for preschools yet?
Nah.

-Are you doing any classes?
Nope, not yet.

-Didn't SP#2 used to be SP#5? What happened? Was balefire involved?
Yeah, he's still SP#5, I'll make a correction.

-Now do you have an earthquake kit in the house?
No *shame face*