Monday, September 26, 2011

Pickle Juice Uses

So I've been gone a while. In the time I stopped blogging and now, I've had two babies! Yay me! Anyway, I just needed a place to post a recipe(s) so I can remember it for later.

Stink Pants #5, my now husband (although I think he was still my husband when I stopped blogging) has been slightly annoyed with my new hobby: Couponing!

It's awesome! It's so easy to get stuff for free, especially where we live, because most if not all of the grocery stores around here double coupons. So if, for example, toothpaste is on sale for $0.88, and I have a coupon for $0.50, the grocery store will double the coupon up to a dollar and I can get the toothpaste for free. FREEEEEE!

What does that have to do with pickle juice? Well, I got some jars of pickles for $0.60 (Yay coupons! Special thanks to Mt. Olive pickles and Vons.) Stink Pants #5 and Babby, my daughter, both love pickles and ate them all. I'm not a huge fan. Now that the pickles are gone, I have half a jar of pickle juice that I can't just toss. So I used Das Internetz to find out what I can do with it.

Use 1: Pickle juice can be used to make bloody marys! Num.

Use 2: Pickle juice can be used in place of vinegar in salad dressings, soups, stocks, sauces, marinades, and various slaw recipes.

Use 3: You can place hard boiled eggs (or carrots, onions, cucumbers, whatever sounds good) in pickle juice for pickled eggs!

Use 4: Pickle juice popsicles (sounds disgusting to me but there are some people on the internet who love it).

Use 5: Drink it straight. (Not for me.)

I'm sure there are other uses. These are just the ones I found in three minutes of searching. Yay for being frugal!

You can also follow these links for more ideas:
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/476748
Ilovepickles.org
Amanda's Cookin'

2 comments:

Claytonian said...

I read this. Isn't that commendable after all this time?

Princess Blogonoke said...

Clay, you're awesome :D. That is something that hasn't changed after all this time. I should add you to my Google+

Oh, looks like you're already on my Google+. Ha!