Friday, January 19, 2007

New! with Hot Bang Action!

Apparently, it's been about a year and a half since my last fancy hair cut. (See here for my foray into hot layered action.)

Since then, my hair went from

this:
Awesome bright and shininess!

to this:


Notice that this is my default hairstyle. It's what happens when I don't style my hair for over a year. It's long, straight, typical Laura hair.

I took that picture so I could have a "Before" shot. I was going to do the same thing for Samantha, but I forgot my camera when we went to get our haircuts.

So anyway, Samantha and I went to get our hair cut and styled! (Like you didn't already know.) I hadn't been thinking much about changing my hair until Sam mentioned she was getting her hair done, and asked if I'd like to come.

Well of course! I believe getting pampered every once in a while is good for a person. So, I called the hair stylist place and made an appointment. I wanted get an appointment at the same time Sam had hers so we could be chair buddies together. Sadly, there weren't any, but Samantha didn't mind spending an extra two hours out of the apartment since she was spending the time with me.

Samantha is a brave woman. Either that, or she felt it was time for a real change in her hairstyle. Actually, it was both. Not only did she get her hair colored (to something darker than it actually was, which turned out beautifully) but she also had her hair chopped into a short, spunky new do. It's sophisticated and chic, yet still fun and "hip" (to use one of my mom's words).

After Sam's appointment, we went to a mall to kill an hour before my appointment. I bought Stink Pants a birthday present. He'll be twenty-seven tomorrow. Teehee!

We made it back to the hair salon just in time to wait. No problem. Sam and I amused ourselves with a book about ugly haircuts.


If you click on the picture, it will take you to Amazon's online reader, and you can flip through the ugly hair at your leisure.

When I sat down in the chair, the stylist asked me what I wanted to do. I didn't really have an idea. I did know I wanted to still have long hair, maybe some layers. I guess I did have an idea, but it was a very general idea. It's a good thing I had a gal who knew what she was doing, because if she were bad at hairstyling, I'd have a head full of ugly. I know some of you may be thinking, "Why go to a salon when the stylist could possibly make a pile of ugly on your head?" Well, Samantha goes there, and I trust her judgement. She also said she's never seen anyone walk out of there with an ugly haircut, so I had nothing to worry about.

And she was right.

I didn't know what I wanted, and I walked out looking like a fox! A fox with sideswept bangs!

I know, the picture is a little blurry. I was going to take another one, but I can't get my bangs to do the same thing they did when the stylist made them awesome. Dang my hair-incompetent hands!

So, there's my new hair. I think the last time I had bangs was sometime when I was under the age of ten. If you're wondering what happened to the hair that was chopped off, the stylist is a Locks of Love enthusiast. She asked if she could donate it, and of course, I said yes.

It'll probably be six months before my hair starts looking the way it used to and another six months after that before it looks exactly like it did in that second picture. So I must enjoy the bangs while I have them. Wooo! (I know I could always get them again. Who knows though, I might go even shorter next time.)

On a completely unrelated note, my trendy t-shirts came from Ross Dress for Less! $8.00 baby! Yeah!

No comments: